Wednesday, August 31, 2011

He Was Right

"You need to get your eyes checked," my husband kept telling me.  I scoffed.  I knew I didn't have perfect vision, but it wasn't fair to compare my unaided eyesight to the 20/20 eyesight his glasses give him.

But to appease him, I made an appointment with Pearle Vision.  I left with a prescription and the new-found knowledge that one eye is far-sighted and the other has an astigmatism. Yippee.

Now I am trying to adjust to these things.  It's hard!  Everything seems totally off.  The first day I spilled coffee in my lap.  The second day I got dizzy while shopping ran into a Target clothes rack. The third day I got so sick of the constant headache from my eyes trying to adjust that I almost "accidentally" lost them.  Today's the first day I feel slightly used to them.  

Any tips on learning to see the world through two glass ovals?

2 comments:

  1. This just makes me chuckle because the week you receive your glasses is the week that I'm told that I no longer need mine.
    I remember feeling very strange behind them when they were new- like there was always something in the way in front of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Good luck is all I have to say!

    ReplyDelete